The selection in Nationalized Banks for the Posts of Probationary Officers, Clerks etc. is being made on the basis of performance in the test conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). Without appearing in this test one can not apply for the posts advertised by the nationalized Banks. A Common Written Examination (CWE) 2012 is scheduled by IBPS for Clerical Cadre Posts. Mere appearing in this exam is not enough, one have to get a valid score card to qualify for the recruitment as advertised by various Banks from time to time. Till the last year, there were a total of 19 government owned banks which were using IBPS CWE as a platform to find out the most suitable candidates who could fill in the vacancies related to the clerical or PO posts in the banks. But from this year onward, there would be 20 nationalized banks which would follow the platform provided by the IBPS. Due to the reason that the validity of score cards issued on the basis of the CWE held last year are about to end, IBPS has notified about the CWE to be conducted again this year tentatively in the month of December. Before applying for the CWE for Clerk posts in the participating Public Sector Banks, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned in this advertisement. Candidates are therefore to carefully read this advertisement and follow all the instructions given for submitting online application.The participating Banks are :
- Allahabad Bank 11. Indian Bank
- Andhra Bank 12. Indian Overseas Bank
- Bank of Baroda 13. Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Bank of India 14. Punjab National Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra 15. Punjab & Sind Bank
- Canara Bank 16. Syndicate Bank
- Central Bank of India 17. UCO Bank
- Corporation Bank 18. Union Bank of India
- Dena Bank 19. United Bank of India
- IDBI Bank 20. Vijaya Bank
Penalty for Wrong Answers : There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If for any question a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as wrong even if one of the given answers happens to be right and 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
Age Limit (AS on 01.10.2012) : Minimum 20 years Maximum 28 years.
(Relaxation in upper age limit is admissible as per Rules)
Application Fee : Rs. 50/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates and Rs. 400 /- for all others.
How to Apply : Candidates can apply only in On-line mode through the link provide on the official website of IBPS. The link will be available from 15.10.2012 to 05.11.2012. After this the link will be deactivated and no Application will be accepted. No other means/mode of application is allowed by IBPS. Before applying On-line candidates should have a scanned copy of recent photograph and signature in JPEG format not exceeding 50kb & 20kb respectively by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager and all the necessary details/documents ready which will be used to fill the form along with requisite Application Fee details. Candidates should have a valid personal email ID, which should be kept active till the declaration of
results of this round of CWE. IBPS may send call letters Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share with/mention e-mail ID to / of any other person. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID before applying on-line and must maintain that email account.
Procedure for applying online
(1) Candidates are first required to go to the IBPS’s website www.ibps.in and click on the Home Page to open the link “Common Written Examination” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- Clerks (IBPS-CWE-Clerk-II) December 2012” to open the On-Line Application Form.
(2) Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload the photograph and signature in the online application form. Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature as mentioned above.
Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the On-Line Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the On-Line Application format. Before pressing the “SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his /her father/husband etc. should be spell correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
Important Note : Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the online application including Name of the Candidate, Category, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID, Center of Examination etc. will be considered as final and no modifications will be allowed after submission of the online application form. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained. IBPS will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the application form.
Important Dates :
- Start date for Online Registration : 15.10.2012
- Online Payment of Application Fees : 15.10.2012 to 05.11.2012
- Offline Payment of Application Fees : 17.10.2012 to 09.11.2012
- Last date for Online Registration : 05.11.2012
- Download of Call letter for Examination After : 03.12.2012
For more information Download Advertisement