EPF is being deducted from everyone's salary who are doing jobs in private sector / companies. One is not sure that the amount so deducted is being deposited to their EPF Account with Employer's contribution or not. Now to know your EPF balance a unique facility for EPF members to download their e-pass book each month has been started. For this you have to register online to view your EPF Account Passbook. The facility at present is only for the members for whom the employer has uploaded the Electronic Challan Cum Return for the wagemonth of May 2012 onwards. There is no need to create and remember any user id and password. You have to use your mobile number and any of your following identification proof number such as PAN, AADHAR, NPR (National Population Register), Bank Account, Voter ID, Passport or Driving License to register and thereafter to login. You can add multiple id numbers (one id against each of the listed types) and any one along with the mobile number can be used for the login.
- One mobile number can be used for one registration only.
- A registered member can view only one account details under one establishment. In case you are having more than one account under one establishment, please apply for transfer through the Form 13.
- One member can view up to a maximum of 10 accounts under different establishments.
- The 10 accounts can be viewed any number of times. Get your old accounts transferred to the current one by using the Transfer Form 13.
- Facility to display the accounts of inoperative accounts will be provided later through a request mode.
- The facility is not for the current members of establishments having exemption under the EPF Scheme 1952.
The salient features of this facility are as under:
The members shall be able to download their e-pass book each month, if they are active members and ECR is being uploaded by their employer.
In case of the members who are not active (left service) and have not settled their account or have not become inoperative, the facility to download the pass book on request basis shall be available.
The facility shall be available on www.epfindia.gov.in Any PF member can register himself/herself on the Member Portal (as shown below) by using his/her Photo Identification number such as PAN, Aadhar, NPR, Driving License, Passport, Voter ID, Ration Card and use the mobile number as the password. Thus the member will not be required to remember any user id/password. The member can add multiple id numbers after registration and can use any one for login. Once registered, he/she can download the pass book by entering his/her account number. If available the pass book will appear for download.
In case not available a request will be created on the portal and once the pass book is uploaded by the respective field office, an SMS will be sent to the member to login and download the pass book. The e-pass book shall contain the transaction wise details in the member`s account (all credits and debits) since the month for which the details for the establishment have been processed in the new application software at the field offices.
The facility, however is not available for the members under establishments that are exempted under the EPF Scheme 1952 (as the fund details are maintained by the Trust), Inoperative members (i.e in accounts where no contribution has been received during preceding 36 months).
Restrictions : -
- Only one registration is permitted against one mobile number.
- The member can download the passbook for only one account number under one establishment. Thus in case he/she has worked for different spells in one establishment with different account numbers, he/she has to apply for the transfer of the old account to the new so that the credit may be reflected in the e-pass book of the new account.
- To view the amount balance against any inoperative account also the member should apply for transfer and then the transferred amount will reflect as credit in the present account of the member.