Government of India, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Department of Posts, Recruitment Division invites applications from eligible candidates for the posts of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants/Postal Assistants (Savings Bank Control Organization)/Postal Assistants (Foreign Post Organization)/Postal Assistants (Returned Letter Offices)/Postal Assistants (Mail Motor Services) And Postal Assistants (Circle And Regional Offices) for the year 2013 - 2014 in 22 Postal Circles in the Country vide F.No. A-34012/10/2014-DE. The interested candidates can apply in ONLINE mode only through the link provided on the official website of Department of Posts at www.pasadrexam2014.in. No other means/mode of application will be accepted. The candidates are advised to ensure their eligibility before applying for these posts. The candidates can register themselves from 00:00 hrs of 26/02/2014 and close by by 23;59 HRS OF 27/03/2014. The brief details are as under :
- Postal Assistant (PA)
- Sorting Assistant (SA)
State and Number of Posts :
- Andhra Pradesh : 541 Posts
- Assam : 126 Posts
- Bihar: 211 Posts
- Chhattisgarh: 122 Posts
- Delhi: 234 Posts
- Gujarat: 564 Posts
- Haryana: 181 Posts
- Himachal Pradesh: 89 Posts
- Jammu & kashmir: 131 Posts
- Jharkhand: 162 Posts
- Karnataka: 534 Posts
- Kerala: 385 Posts
- Madhya Pradesh: 269 Posts
- Maharashtra: 1098 Posts
- North-East: 100 Posts
- Odisha: 451 Posts
- Punjab: 216 Posts
- Rajasthan: 304 Posts
- Tamil Nadu: 1023 Posts
- Uttar Pradesh: 668 Posts
- Uttarakhand: 136 Posts
- West Bengal: 698 Posts
Total Number of Posts : 8243 Posts
Age Limit: Candidates age limit should be between 18-27 years as on 27-03-2014 for General Category (unreserved Application). Age relaxation will be applicable as per the rules.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess 10+2 standard or 12th class pass from a recognized university or Board of School Education or Board of Secondary Education with English as a compulsory subject (excluding vocational streams). The applicants should have studied local language of the State or Union Territory of the concerned Postal Circle or in Hindi as a subject at least in Matriculation level or equivalent.
Selection Process: Candidates would be selected based on their performance in written examination and computer/ typing test.
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay the application form registration fee of Rs.100/- for all categories of applicants who have registered. Male applicants belongs to General and OBC category have to pay the examination fee of Rs.400/- at the nearest e-payment Post Offices in the form of Cash (INR) only through the Fee Payment challan printed form the website. Candidate belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/ Physically Impaired/ Woman are exempted from payment of Examination Fee.
How to Apply: Eligible and interested candidates can apply online through the website www.pasadrexam2014.in from 26-02-2014 to 27-03-2014. After successful registration, a provisional Unique Registration Number (URN) will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The applicant has to retain this number and password for future reference. The Applicants after successful registration of the On-Line Application take printout of the submitted online application form and keep it for future reference.
Instructions to Apply Online:
- Before applying online, applicants must have scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature and valid email ID.
- Log on to website www.pasadrexam2014.in/
- Read the Instructions carefully before applying online.
- Click on link “Click here to Apply” and fill the application form with all the details.
- Save the application form and upload the photo and signature of applicant.
- Click on Preview button and verify all the details and ‘Submit’ the application Form.
- After successful submission, Registration number and Password will be generated.
- Using the Registration number, login the website and take printout of the Fee Payment Challan.
- Pay the fee as mentioned above and complete the registration process.
- Applicants can check their payment status after 3 working days after payment of the fees.
- After successful registration, take printout of the application form.
- Keep the copy of fee challan, receipt issued by the Post office, Registration slip and copy of application form for any future reference.
- Commencement of Online Application: 26-02-2014
- Last Date of Receiving Online Application: 27-03-2014 up to 23:59 hrs
For more information Download Advertisement